1 Day Jungle Explore Nam Ha NPA
Moderate climb up green mountain and trek through the jungle forest of Nam Ha National Protected Area-an ASEAN Heritage Site, to explore beautiful natures, hidden big trees, wild life experiences, technique for hunting animals, picnic lunch in the jungle camp and visit the countryside of Khmu tribes.
- Tour ID: NT-TK-07.
- Trekking Area: Nam Ha National Protected Area- an ASEAN Heritage Site.
- Hike approx. 4-5 hours.
- Difficulty: A moderate walk through the jungle forest over narrow paths.
Departure is from our office by Tuk-Tuk at 9:00 am to the south along direct via Doiluckkam (Lao word for Gold Mountain), which is about a 35 minutes ride. The native guide knows the trail, forest, and herbal medicine; he will join this tour and guide you all the way up the mountain, and deep into the Nam Ha National Protected Area. On this path you will walk through a nice forest area, in which you may encounter or hear wild animals, birds and spot their tracks. Your guide will share some of his ancestral knowledge about the traditional use of medicinal plants, edible leaves, and show you some native skills for the hunting of wildlife. After two hours we have a traditional picnic lunch along the walking path, in the forest prepared by your guides. Thereafter, you will continue the flat and downhill path through primary forest, within the Nam Ha National Protected Area, and you will finish your trek around 3-4 pm close to Nam Ha, the Khmu Tribal village, which we will visit shortly after. The Tuk-Tuk will get you back to Luang Namtha town.
- An English speaking tour leader and a native guide, who knows the rain forest, indigenous traditions, and culture like the back of his hand.
- Native guide: A Khmu guide from Nam Ha village.
- Transportation to and for your hotel.
- Meals-lunch x 1 native food.
- Drinking water during the trip.
- Trekking permit, Village fund and Laos National Tourism foundation.
- Provincial tax on net income.