2 Days Combine Tour: 1 Day Kayak Tour + Tai Youn Homestay & Activities
Soft adventure kayaking on Nam Tha River through Nam Ha National Protected Area to visit different of ethnic minorities such as: Tai Dam, Lanten, Khmu & Experience the Tai Youn culture & tradition, enjoy the local meals, participates a traditional Baci-ceremony, performance & music, stay overnight with family, daily activities of the family. Your activities such as: prepare baci-ceremony equipment & making banana leaf flower.
- Tour ID: NT-MT-09.
- Start-Finish: Luang Namtha town.
- Duration: 2 Days / 1 Nights.
- Departure: 9:00 AM Daily.
- Kayak approx. 4-5 hours Kayaking & Homestay.
Day 1: Nam Tha River-Ethnic Minorities-Vieng Neua Homestay
The day begins at the Boat Landing with some basic paddle instruction and equipment familiarization before taking to the river in single or double kayaks. The Nam Tha meanders through changing forest types, inhabited by animals, such as tiger and barking deer and a great variety of birds. The border of the Nam Ha Protected Area is reached in the Lanten village of Ban Sope Tud. Various sets of exciting but safe rapids lead up to a lunch break on the banana leave near the riverside.
After a typical Lao picnic, there is time for relaxation and a refreshing swim. The next paddling stretch takes the group to the Khmu village of Ban Sop Sim Noy. Kayaking ends after the confluence of the Nam Ha and Nam Tha Rivers, from where a pick-up takes us to Tai Youn villages “Ban Vieng Neua” the village of homestay, enjoy the local food, participate a traditional Baci-ceremony and performance, stay overnight with family.
Day 2: Vieng Neua Homestay-Activities-Luang Namtha town
In the morning. You have time walk around the village to see real lifestyle of the local people, visit temple. After breakfast join community based tourism activities such as: prepare baci-ceremony equipment, making banana leaf flower. The final have lunch and back to Luang Namtha town.
- Leader guide “English speaking tour guide” & Local guide “who knowledge tradition & culture”.
- Covered transport “Tuk Tuk & Kayaks”.
- Accommodation “Tai Youn Homestay” stay with family.
- Meals-Lunch x 2, Dinner x 1, Breakfast x1.
- Homestay owner service charge.
- Drinking water during the trip.
- Kayaking, Cultural performance, Tai Youn traditional Baci-ceremony & Community based tourism activities.
- Village Fund & provincial tax on net income.