2 Days Combine Tour: 1 Day Trek + Khmu Eco-lodge + 1 Day Kayaking on Nam Ha River
Trekking through Nam Ha NPA, jungle forest, green mountain, excellent landscape; Historical of Indochina War, the first community based tourism in Laos; Learning Khmu & Lanten cultures and traditional of lifestyle, Khmu Eco-lodge; Khmu Baci-ceremony; Adventure, paddle exiting but manageable grade 2-3 rapids along the Nam ha River, one of the most pristine waterway in Laos, Travel over swift rapids.
- Tour ID: NT-MT-13.
- Start-Finish: Luang Namtha town.
- Departure: 9:00 AM Daily of June to January.
- Duration: 2 Days / 1 Nights.
- Difficulty level: Moderate Adventure.
Day 1: Ban Chalernsouk-Ban Nalan. Approx. 4-5 hours
The traditional two-day excursion, led by a local English speaking guide, starts at Ban Chaleunsouk, south of Luang Namtha town. You’ll ascend through a forest and pause at a ridge offering great views. The trail then descends through centuries-old trees and past an Indochina War gunnery emplacement to the Nam Ha River and Ban Nalan. Khmu Baci-ceremony and dinner often enjoyed with a prominent village elder, from who you can learn about Khmu culture, and offer insight into your lifestyle. Remember, curiosity runs both ways, especially when sipping Lao Hai (rice wine) from a jar through bamboo straws.
Day 2: Ban Nalan-Ban Nam Goy-Ban Sop Sim. Approx. 5 hours kayaking
After a leisurely breakfast continue down river. Visit other khmu & Lanten village to see making bamboo paper, nature dyeing. The section of the river will reveal the best forest views and the most exciting rapids of the trip. Arriving at the confluence of the Nam Tha and Nam Ha rivers paddle down the Nam Tha for a way before arriving at the Khmu village of Ban Sop Sim where your transport back to Luang Namtha will be waiting you.
Note: Nam Ha is best for rafting from July to October, for kayaking from July to November. Low water levels from January-June may make kayaking rocky.
- Leader guide “English speaking” & Local guide “who knowledge tradition & culture”.
- Covered transport “Tuk Tuk & Kayaks”.
- Overnight in Khmu Eco-lodge “Support by: NEWZEALAND Aid Programme”.
- Blanket, sleeping-mat & mosquito nets are supplied.
- Meals-Lunch x 2, Dinner x 1, Breakfast x1 “Provide from local people”.
- Drinking water during the trip “Day 1: water from town & Day 2: boiled water”.
- Khmu Baci-ceremony.
- Kayaking & Trekking permit.
- Provincial tax on net income & Village fund.