2 Days Biking Luang Namtha-Nalae Visit the Home of Khmu
Adventure biking on the dirt road, visit the home of Khmu tribes to see and learning about their cultures and traditional, riding through the part of Nam Ha National Protected Area and stay overnight in a private Tai Lue home.
- Tour ID: NT-BK-03.
- Start-Finish: Luang Namtha town.
- Duration: 2 days / 1 night.
- Departure: 9:00 AM daily.
- Difficulty: Moderate-Difficult, short but steep sections-good for stronger people.
Day 1: Luang Namtha-Nalae Town (76 Km).
Choose your bikes and departure at 9:00 AM to the way Luang Namtha to Nalae town, sort stop to visit small rural villages they are Lanten, Khmu and Tai Lue located on the dirt road near by the bank of the Nam Tha River, there the part of Nam Ha National Protected Area. Lunch will be provided on the way, next continuing via Nalea town, check in the home stay of Ban Om “Tai Lue”. While waiting for the dinner walk around the village, refresh your body by swimming in Nam Tha River.
Day 2: Nalae Town-Luang Namtha (76 Km).
In the early morning is the best time to visit Nalae town morning market or walk around village to see Tai Lue lifestyle. After breakfast, we cycling back to Luang Namtha on the same way or back by the Tuk Tuk. You will arrive in Luang Namtha around 4:30 pm or early if by Tuk Tuk.
- Season: All year around.
- Distance approx.: 6-7 hours per day.
- Road condition: Dirt road 100%.
- Activities: Biking + Visit ethnic minority groups that mention on the
- Bicycles: Mountain bike “Trek 4300 or 4400”.
- Transport: Tuk Tuk (local transport) with the tour.
- Accommodation : Privat home stay “Tai Lue Village”.
- Meals-Breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Maximum: To be determined.
What to bring: Shoes for biking, mosquito repellent, sunscreen change of clothes, flashlight, raincoat (in the rainy season), your own medicine and money to buy handicrafts.
Other: Please let us know in advance if you are vegetarian; please be at our office at 8:30 am, you are welcome to contact us beforehand if you have any questions!
- An experienced government certified, English speaking tour guide.
- Tuk Tuk (local transport) with the tour.
- Mountain bike “Trek 4300 or 4400”.
- Accommodation : Private home stay “Tai Lue Village”.
- Meals-Lunch x 2, Dinner x 1, Breakfast x1.
- Drinking water during the trip.
- Tour permit and Provincial tax on net income.