3 Days Tuk Tuk Tours Luang Namtha-Muang Sing-Xieng Kok
Three days trip by minivan to explore more than ten colorful of ethnic minority groups to see and learn about their cultures, traditional and lifestyle, visit historical town of Muang Sing, travel to Xieng Kok the home of real Akha and Tai Lue, stay overnight with Yao Eco-lodge and bungalows.
- Tour ID: NT-TT-05.
- Start-Finish: Luang Namtha town.
- Duration: 3 days / 2 nights.
- Departure: 8:30 AM daily.
- Difficulty: Easy.
Day 1: Luang Namtha-Muang Sing. Approx. (65 Km)
Start from our office at 9:00 AM, visit ethnic minority groups are located on the bank of the main road Luang Namtha to Muang Sing such as: Lanten, Khmu, Hmong, Akha, Tai Dam and Tai Lue. Lunch will be provided at the Pha Yuang waterfall, after lunch short walk visit waterfall. Next continue to Muang Sing town the home of historical, cultures and traditional. The trip will arrival Yao Eco-lodge of Ban Sai Leck around 4:00 PM. While waiting for dinner you might walk around and learn about their way of life and traditions, etc… After dinner you will receive massage which is traditionally given to guests.
Day 2: Muang Sing-Long town-Xieng Kok. Approx. (70 Km)
Departure from Muang Sing at 8:00 AM on the dirt road Muang Sing-Long town visit different of tribes on the bank of the way such as: Akha, Musur, Hmong, Tai Lue they are still live a very traditional lifestyle, visit Long town valley, continue to Xieng Kok where Lao-Myanmar border and back to stay overnight in Phou Iu II bungalows in Muang Sing.
Day 3: Long town-Muang Sing-Luang Namtha. Approx. (120 Km)
Early morning, we will visit the fresh morning market, where we will see more different ethnic minorities selling their vegetables and NTFP’s (Non Timber Forest Products), which were collected from their upland farms and in the forest. During the city sightseeing tour, you can see the former French Fortress and visit the Museum (open from Monday-Friday, only). After a short break, we continue to visit village of hand noodle making, Tai Dam (the villages of waving), Tai Nuea (the village of Lao rice whiskey), visit the Stupa of Xieng Tung, which is located on a mountain 900 m up from sea level and back to Luang Namtha.
- An experienced government certified, English speaking tour guide.
- Covered transport with an experienced certified driver (Tuk Tuk: “general public in Luang Namtha”).
- Day 1: Yao Eco-lodge: Traditional minority house with outside toilet & shower facilities “Sleeping bags, foam mats and mosquito nets are supplied” and Day 2: Phou Iu II Bungalows.
- All entrance fees.
- Meals-Lunch x 3, Dinner x 2, Breakfast x 2.
- Drinking water during the trip.
- Tour permit and provincial tax on net income.