2 Days Golden Triangle Trek to Akha Lifestyle & Stunning View
Start in the morning by 4 Wheel Drive to a stunning region where higher more than 1,800 meter from the sea level, visit Akha villages that still keep their tradition, culture and way of life. Stay with Akha family nearby the Mekong River. Day 2 ride a slow boat up the Mekong River to Sob Roy border “local Lao-Myanmar border” and the final walk on a small path along the bank of Mekong River to visit another Akha villages.
- Tour ID: XK-TK-02
- Start-Finish: Muang Sing town or Luang Namtha town
- Season Departure: October to next year month June
- Duration: 2 days / 1 night
- Departure: 7:00 AM from Luang Namtha town or 8:00 AM from Muang Sing town
- Difficulty: Moderate and some difficulty, short hill climbs and descents
Day 1: Muang Sing-Mue Toh Kao-Som Phan Keo-Done Chai. Approx. 5-6 hours
Departure from our office by 4 Wheel Drive from Luang Namtha 7:00 AM or Muang Sing 8:00 AM, short stop visit ethnic minority villages on the Off-Road such as: Mue Toh Kao, Ja Phou Thone, Ja Kham Lue, Som Phan Kao, Pha Kham they are Akha and still keep their culture and traditional. We will arrival the higher mountain (1,800 meters from the sea level) where we start trekking up and down with the excellent mountain landscape view, the Mekong River and down to Done Chai (Akha and Tai Doy village) located on the bank of the Mekong River where we stay overnight for the trip. While waiting for dinner visit the villages walk around and meet the friendly people, learn about their traditional and architecture. After dinner you will receive a massage which is traditional given to the guests staying overnight in the village.
[Meals: Lunch and Dinner]
Day 2: Done Chai-Mekong River-Muang Sing. Approx. 5-6 hours
In the early morning you will enjoy the Tai Lue and Akha daily lifestyle. After breakfast start by slow boat up to the Mekong River. On the boat you will enjoy the exciting views of limestone rocks, the boat will stop in Nam Kong (Akha village) where Sob Roy border “local Laos-Myanmar border” an hour walk on a small path along the bank of Mekong River to visit Pha Yha Luang Kham Ping (Akha village), continue trek to where we provide lunch or the place pick up you back to Muang Sing or Luang Namtha.
[Meals: Breakfast, Lunch] – End of tour-
- All transfer by covered pickup truck (4WD and boat only).
- English speaking tour guide.
- All visits/excursions as mentioned in tour itinerary.
- Accommodation in village family hut with toilet shower outside (Some villages they don’t have toilet and shower outside).
- Sleeping bags, foam mats and mosquito nets are supplied.
- Meals as mentioned
- Trekking permit, entrance fees and government tax
- Akha massage all nights
- Tour service
Price Does Not Include:
- Extra activities you might choose to do in the villages
- Additional food, e.g. special kind of meat you might request
- Insurance should you get sick. Please make sour you have a valid cover
Why is the adventure trek more expensive?
Compared to the tour around in Laos especially Luang Namtha, the adventure trek in Xieng Khaeng or Golden Triangle Trek are more expensive. The major reason is that transport (only Four Wheel Drives) is more expensive, the second reason is that we pay a little bit more to the villages, for example for accommodation 30,000 kip/person/night goes to the homestay family, as opposed to 15,000-20,000 kip at another tour office. Also, our guides earn a bit more (double paid), as the treks in mountainous Xieng Khaeng can be quite challenging and steep.
Remark: the price above non-include transportation if you start the trek from Luang Namtha. If you would like to start the tour from Luang Namtha, you will pay more 75 US$.