2 Days Trek-Yao Experience
Explore real nature of Nam Ha National Protected Area-an ASEAN Heritage Site (Nam Ha NPA), hidden waterfall, excellent view, trek through old growth forest, primary bamboo & wild banana forest, birds sightseeing, overnight at Yao eco-lodge, experience into the Yao lifestyle, tradition and culture performance, discovery different ethnic minorities groups such as: Akha and Tai Lue villages.
- Tour ID: MS-TK-03
- Day 1 hike approx. 4-5 hours & Day 2 approx. 3-4 hours.
- Moderate, short hill climbs and descents walks up and down of hills
- The tour can start from Luang Namtha
Day 1: Nam Ha NPA-Ban Sai Leck (Yao Village). Approx. 4-5 hours
Start from our office by Tuk Tuk direct to the south of Nam Ha NPA, where elephant’s habitat area, the trail takes trekkers up to the mountain passes old growth, primary bamboo and wild banana forests to visit hidden of waterfall, on the mountain you will explore landscape of Nam Ha NPA, and learn about them. Have lunch on the trail, after lunch excursion from the waterfall pass old forest, agricultural fields visit Ban Sai Leck (Yao village) where we overnight for today. While waiting for dinner visit the villages walk around and meet the Yao people, learn about their lifestyle, traditional, culture, architecture…then enjoy your dinner host by local people. After dinner you will receive Yao performance their tradition and culture. The final of this day you will get free massage which is given traditionally to the guests staying overnight in the village.
Day 2: Ban Sai Leck-Muang Sing Town. Approx. 3-4 hours
After breakfast at the Eco-Lodge with local food host by the guide and family, we start walking visit two of Yao villages call Ban Jong Kha and Ban Nam Mai the villages of handicraft and trek though agricultural fields visit other ethnic groups with different villages and the end get the Tuk Tuk back to Muang Sing town.
- An experienced government certified , English speaking tour guide
- Covered transport with an experienced certified driver (only start from Muang Sing town)
- Overnight’s village accommodation: Traditional minority house with outside toilet & shower facilities “hot water for shower”
- Sleeping bags, foam mats and mosquito nets are supplied
- Meals-Lunch x 2, Dinner x 1, Breakfast x1
- Water during the trip
- Trekking permit and tourism fund
- Provincial Tax on Net Income
- Tour service
Remark: the price above non-include transportation if you start the trek from Luang Namtha. If you would like to start the tour from Luang Namtha, you will pay more 100 US$/Trip (Private minivan).