3 Days Golden Triangle Trek to Explore Laos-Myanmar Border
Steep trek up the mountain of Golden Triangle visit remote ethnic minority groups of Akha and Tai Lue villages where Laos-China-Myanmar border, they are still keep their culture and traditional, enjoy the stunning views on the surrounding mountains and Mekong River, first night stay overnight at the traditional Tai Lue house and the second day sleep with Akha family.
- Tour ID: XK-TK-03
- Start-Finish: Muang Sing town or Luang Namtha town
- Season Departure: October to next year month June
- Duration: 3 days / 2 nights
- Departure: 7:00 AM from Luang Namtha town or 8:30 AM from Muang Sing town
- Difficulty: Moderate-difficulty, short hill climbs and descents
Day 1: Muang Sing-Ban Mom-Ban Bohae-Ban Xay. Approx. 6-7 hours
Departure from Muang Sing 8:00 AM or Luang Namtha 7:00 AM by 4
Wheel Drive to Ban Mom (Tai Lue village), Buag Yha Say Mai (Akha village), traditional lunch will stop eaten on the way. Next start walking from Ban Bohae (Akha village) to Ban Xay (Tai Lue village) the village located on the bank of Mekong River where we stay overnight for the first day. We will arrival the village around 17:00.
While waiting for dinner walk on the bank of the Mekong River to see beautiful sunset, visit people back from working, talk with the villagers to get new experience, learn about their culture, traditional and you will see style of leaving with the neighbouring country such as Thailand, Myanmar. After dinner you will receive a massage which is traditionally given to the guests stay overnight in the village.
[Meals: Lunch and Dinner]
Day 2: Ban Xay-Ban Eula–Ban Lo Ku. Approx. 6-7 hours
In the morning you will get experience of Tai Lue daily lifestyle. After breakfast, 9:00 AM start walk up to Lung Pha (Akha village) about two hours, spend the time about 20 minutes to visit the village and talking with the local people. Then walk up to the mountain visit Ban Eula (Akha village), lunch will provided on the trail. After lunch two hours walking visit Ban Lo Ku (Akha village) where you stay overnight, they are Akha Jeejor, also to see Akha lifestyle and Akha massage.
[Meals: Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner]
Day 3: Ban Eula- Ban Lo Ku-The Stunning Views–Ban Meuto Kao-Muang Sing.Approx. 5-6 hours
In the morning you will get experience of Akha daily lifestyle. After breakfast, depart for Ban Khor Phen (Akha village), Ban Pa Xang (Akha village) visit them, playing with the children, how their way of life, enjoy the stunning views on the surrounding mountains and final take the Four Wheel Drives back to Muang Sing or Luang Namtha.
[Meals: Breakfast, Lunch] – End of tour-
- All transfer by covered pickup truck (4WD and boat only).
- English speaking tour guide.
- All visits/excursions as mentioned in tour itinerary.
- Accommodation in village family hut with toilet shower outside (Some villages they don’t have toilet and shower outside).
- Sleeping bags, foam mats and mosquito nets are supplied.
- Meals as mentioned
- Trekking permit, entrance fees and government tax
- Akha massage all nights
- Tour service
Price Does Not Include:
- Extra activities you might choose to do in the villages
- Additional food, e.g. special kind of meat you might request
- Insurance should you get sick. Please make sour you have a valid cover
Why is the adventure trek more expensive?
Compared to the tour around in Laos especially Luang Namtha, the adventure trek in Xieng Khaeng or Golden Triangle Trek are more expensive. The major reason is that transport (only Four Wheel Drives) is more expensive, the second reason is that we pay a little bit more to the villages, for example for accommodation 30,000 kip/person/night goes to the homestay family, as opposed to 15,000-20,000 kip at another tour office. Also, our guides earn a bit more (double paid), as the treks in mountainous Xieng Khaeng can be quite challenging and steep.
Remark: the price above non-include transportation if you start the trek from Luang Namtha. If you would like to start the tour from Luang Namtha, you will pay more 75 US$.