3 Days Trek to Discovery Akha in Muang Sing
Trek through the Jungle forest of Nam Ha National Protected Area-an ASEAN Heritage Site (Nam Ha NPA), hidden of waterfall, excellent Landscape of mountains, explore different of Akha ethnic villages along the trail, overnight in the Eco-lodge at Akha villages, experience Akha lifestyle, Akha massage, Akha culture and traditional performance, visit other hill tribes they are Tai Lue and Lolo villages.
- Tour ID: MS-TK-11
- Day 1 & Day 2 hike approx. 4-5 hours & Day 3 approx. 3-4 hours.
- Moderate, short hill climbs and descents walks up and down of hills
The tour can start from Luang Namtha
Day 1: Nam Ha NPA-Nam Deat Mai. Approx. 4-5 hours
Start from our office by Tuk Tuk direct to the south of Nam Ha NPA on the road No. 17B Muang Sing-Luang Namtha around 17 km, where higher mountain cover by jungle forest, many different species of birds and elephant habitat. Walk up to the mountain Nam Ha NPA to see different type of forest as bamboo, wild banana to visit beautiful waterfall. A lunch will be eaten at the waterfall, after lunch leave from the waterfall pass through the old forest, agricultural fields, visit Ban Nam Deat Mai, where we get an overnight stay. While waiting for dinner visit the villages walk around and meet the Akha People.
Day 2: Nam Deat Mai-Ban Pha Yha Luang (Akha Village). Approx. 4-5 hours
Enjoy daily life of Akha in the early morning, after breakfast at the Eco-lodge, continue walk though agriculture field and conservation forest of villages to see different colorful of ethnic groups such as: Yao and Tai Lue, lunch will provide on the trail. You will arrive Ban Pha Yha Luang around 04:00 PM, where we stay overnight for the second day. While waiting for dinner visit the villages walk around and meet the people, learn about Akha traditional, Akha architecture. After dinner you will receive Akha performance their culture & a massage which is traditionally given to the guests staying overnight in the village.
Day 3: Ban Pha Yha Luang-Muang Sing Town. Approx. 3-4 hours
After breakfast at the Eco-lodge, again walk to visit other minority groups in different villages as Akha, Tai Lue and Lolo, all local people in the villages they are very friendly, the tour will finish when get the Tuk Tuk back to Muang Sing around 4:00 PM.
- An experienced government certified , English speaking Tour guide
- Covered transport with an experienced certified driver (only start from Muang Sing town)
- First day overnight in Yao village eco-lodge and the second day overnight in Akha village eco-lodge, they are traditional minority house with outside toilet & shower facilities
- Sleeping bags, foam mats and mosquito nets are supplied
- Meals-Lunch x 3, Dinner x 2, Breakfast x2
- Trekking permit and Tourism fund
- Provincial Tax on Net Income
- Tour service
Remark: the price above non-include transportation if you start the trek from Luang Namtha. If you would like to start the tour from Luang Namtha, you will pay more 100 US$/Trip (Private minivan).