Ban Sai Leck Homestay “Yao Village”
Yao Homestay is an experiential tour which will take you on a night & half day learning experience into the tradition, culture & daily life of the Yao people in Muang Sing. You will have personal interactions with the villagers & have the opportunity to experience firsthand from the Yao themselves the Yao culture & way of life.
- Tour ID: MS-HS-01
- Start-Finish: Muang Sing, Laos or Luang Namtha
- Duration: 1 night & half day
- Departure: 3:30 pm
- Difficulty: Easy, suitable for families
Day 1: Muang Sing-Ban Sai Leck “Yao”
The program starts around 3:30 PM. Make your way by Tuk Tuk or bicycle (depending on your preference) to the village of Ban Sai Leck along a main road about 5 km. We stay overnight at the village lodge provided by the village. While waiting for dinner you may walk around the village, meet the people and learn about their tradition and culture. After dinner you will see Yao culture show and receive a massage which is traditionally given to the guests staying overnight in the village.
Day 2: Ban Sai Leck “Yao”-Tourism Activities-Muang Sing
After breakfast the next morning you can participate in activities of the family. Depending on the season you can watch or take part: January-March: bamboo-paper-making, planting vegetables, sowing corn, dyeing clothes, weaving etc. April-May: go and learn how to grow rice on mountain-slopes etc. June-August: go and learn how to prepare the fields for wet rice, and to plant the seedlings. September: plant and care vegetable-gardens etc. October-November: go, watch or help to harvest the mountain- and the mountain-rice or corn etc. December-January: take part in house building and festivals or in collecting food.
The tour will finish after a lunch with the family somewhere in the field. We will return about 13:00.
- Mountain bike or Tuk Tuk (only start at Muang Sing)
- English speaking tour guide.
- All visits/excursions as mentioned in tour itinerary.
- One night accommodation in village hut with toilet shower outside.
- Sleeping bags, foam mats and mosquito nets are supplied.
- Meals- Dinner x 1, Breakfast x1, Lunch x 1
- Water during the trip
- Entrance fees & government tax