2 Days Trek Hill Tribes in Vieng Phoukha
The tour will bring you to the countryside of Vieng Phoukha town where Akha village located, they still keep their culture & traditional, stay overnight in Akha Eco-lodge, learn about lifestyle of them. On the second day visit other ethnic minorities on the trail such as: Hmong and Lahu, visit hidden waterfall and picnic lunch host by Lahu traditional on the trail.
- Tour ID: VPK-TK-02
- Start-Finish: Vieng Phoukha town or Luang Namtha town
- Duration: 2 days / 1 night
- Departure: 9:00 AM daily from Vieng Phoukha; 8:00 from Luang Namtha town
- Difficulty: Moderate, short hill climbs and descents walks up and down of hills
- Remark: Itinerary of tour will be change a little depend on season.
Day 1: Vieng Phoukha-Ban Tah Soom. Approx. 5-6 hours
Start from our office by minivan or Tuk Tuk stop at the Ban Nam Kap Nuea (Lahu Village) 15 minutes for visit them and continue the same Tuk Tuk about 15 minutes to Ban Tha Luang (Hmong Village) local guide from the village will join your group and start walking.
The trek leads up to the mountain and deep into the forest, you will be able to see many different kinds of NTP’s (Non Timber Forest Products) in the Nam Ha National Protected Area, your guide share his experience about traditional medicine with you after about 3 hours, stop for lunch with traditional food.
After lunch, 3 hours walking pass some excellent view landscape of the Nam Ha Protected Area and arrive in the Ban Tah Soom (Akha Village) finished for the first day.
While your local hosts preparing your dinner, you can walk around the village to see and learn the village daily life, after dinner you will receive Akha women massage, which is traditionally given to guests.
[Meals: Lunch, Dinner].
Day 2: Ban Tah Soom-Vieng Phoukha. Approx. 4-5 hours
After enjoy traditional Akha breakfast around 8:30 am, start walk up and down to the waterfall 30 minutes break here for take bath if you want, continue to the small buffalo farm (Lahu people’s farm), walk through the upland agriculture field and then break for lunch with Lahu traditional on the trail. After lunch walk one and half hours to Ban Nam Kab Nuea. There should be enough time in the day to travel onwards to the Thai border at Huay Xai if you choose.
[Meals: Breakfast, Lunch]
– End of tour-.
- An experienced government certified , English speaking tour guide
- Covered transport with an experienced certified driver (only start from Vieng Phoukha town)
- Overnight’s village accommodation: Traditional minority house with outside toilet & shower facilities
- Sleeping bags, foam mats and mosquito nets are supplied.
- Meals-Lunch x 2, Dinner x 1, Breakfast x1
- Water during the trip
- Trekking permit and Provincial Tax on Net Income
Remark: the price above non-include transportation if you start the trek from Luang Namtha. If you would like to start the tour from Luang Namtha, you will pay more 100 US$/Trip (Private minivan).