Experience Lanten ethnic minority (their lifestyle & culture), to see Lanten traditional waving, bamboo paper making, step of dyeing depending on the season, trek on small path through the village community forest, enjoy local picnic lunch, visit Lanten Traditional House and Nam Dee waterfall.
- Tour ID: NT-TK-10.
- Trekking Area: Village Preserved Area.
- Hike approx. 2 hours.
- Difficulty: Easy-Moderate, walk through the rain forest on narrow paths.
Start at 9:00 at the office by Tuk Tuk to Lanten village of Ban Nam Dee, where you will collect your local guide from the village and begin your trek. The trek leads up the mountain and deep into the community forest area. You will be able to see thick forest and other NTFP (Non-Timber Forest Products). If you have good luck you will see some wild animals and will hear and see some special birds for sure. During the trek your guide will share his experience to explain traditional medicine, animal tracks, edible leaves and other things of interest. The traditional picnic lunch will offer you at Nam Dee Waterfall. After lunch visit Lanten Traditional House, Nam Dee village to see and practice with local people such as: Lanten traditional waving, bamboo paper making, and step of dyeing depending on the season, the final back to Luang Namtha by the Tuk Tuk.
The season of activities:
- January-March: Planting vegetables and sowing corn, etc.
- April-May: Learning how to grow rice on the green mountain-slopes etc…
- June-August: Learning how to prepare the paddy fields for the wet rice and how to plant the seedlings.
- September: Planting vegetable in the garden or on the mountain…
- October-November: Watching or participate in harvest as: rice, corn etc… crops in the mountains.
- December-January: Partake part in house building and festivals or in gathering food.
- An English speaking tour leader and a native guide, who knows the rain forest, indigenous traditions, and culture like the back of his hand.
- Native guide from Lantén village.
- Transportation to and fro your hotel.
- Meals-lunch x 1 native food.
- Drinking water during the trip.
- Trekking permit, Village Fund and Laos National Tourism Foundation.
- Provincial tax on net income.