Twin along the bank of Nam Ha River is Nam Ha National Protect Area cover by real natures that main attraction of this trip, in the rainy season that make you funny, exciting, challenge & adventure, colorful water birds & the occasional troop of monkeys, visit hill tribes along the river as: Khmu& Lanten, that villages located inside the National Park & overnight in the Khmu lodge of Ban Nalan.
- Tour ID: NT-KY-04.
- River: Nam Ha River.
- Departure: Daily from July-November.
- Paddle approx. 4-5 hours/day.
- Difficulty lelvel: Moderate adventure.
Day 1: Luang Namtha-Ban Nam Ha-Ban Nalan. Approx. 4 hours.
The day of paddling takes us through the thick, in parts old-growth forest of the Nam Ha Protected Area. A picnic lunch and a refreshing swim mark mid-day. The trip will arrival Ban Nalan the village we stay overnight at 3:00 pm, you have time to look around the village, talk with local people they are very friendly. In the evening enjoy a typical village dinner cooked over an open fire.
Day 2: Ban Nalan-Ban Nam Goy-Ban Sop Sim-Luang Namtha. Approx. 5 hours.
After a leisurely breakfast continue down river. Visit other khmu & Lanten village to see making bamboo paper, nature dyeing. The section of the river will reveal the best forest views and the most exciting rapids of the trip. Arriving at the confluence of the Nam Tha and Nam Ha rivers paddle down the Nam Tha for a way before arriving at the Khmu village of Ban Sop Sim where your transport back to Luang Namtha will be waiting you. The optional return by river is in a traditional motorboat operated by local villagers. On your way up the river you will see water birds along the banks of the river and make your last pass along the border of the Nam Ha Protected Area.
Note: Nam Ha is best for rafting from July to October, for kayaking from July to November. Low water levels from January-June may make kayaking rocky.
- An experienced government certified, English speaking tour guide.
- Covered transport with an experienced certified driver.
- Overnight’s village accommodation: Traditional Minority house with outside toilet & shower facilities “Khmu lodge”.
- Kayaks and River equipment.
- Sleeping bags, foam mats and mosquito nets are supplied.
- Meals-Lunch x 2, Dinner x 1, Breakfast x1.
- Drinking water during the trip.
- Tour permit & villages fund.
- Provincial tax on net income.
What to bring:
Hat, sun-screen, clothes/shoes to get wet, warm change of clothes for the evening, mosquito repellent, sarong for bathing.