Now you can discover Nam Ha National Protected Area-an ASEAN Heritage Site by hike through mountains of the jungle forest, explore real nature and wild lifestyle, overnight in the jungle camp near the Nam Ha River, enjoy traditional local food prepared with selected forest spices (bamboo cooking), fishing on the Nam Ha river and visit the countryside of Khmu to learn about their lifestyle, culture and traditional.
- Tour ID: NT-TK-01.
- Trekking Area: Nam Ha National Protected Area-an ASEAN Heritage Site.
- Hike daily approx. 4-5 hours.
- Difficulty: Moderate, short hill up and down climbs.
Day 1: Doiluckkam-The Jungle Camp. Approx. 4-5 hours.
Departure from our office by Tuk-Tuk, is roughly half an hour ride to Doiluckkam, where a local Khmu guide will join you on your journey. The first day’s pace is moderate though the Nam Ha NPA where the guide will share some of his knowledge of edible and medicinal plants. Next, You will be hiking uphill to see several massive old trees, many types of bamboo and diverse forest plants. If you travel quietly you may see some wild animals such as: monkeys, wild goats and wild pigs. Our Khmu man will prepare the traditional picnic lunch. After lunch the trek continues down from the mountain to your jungle camp, which we should reach by 4:30 pm. You spend a night near the Nam Ha River. Besides resting, you are free to go fishing for dinner with your Khmu guide, stroll around the camp or opt for a refreshing swim in the Nam Ha River close to your camp.
Day 2: The Jungle Camp-Ban Nalan-Ban Chalernsouk. Approx. 4-5 hours.
In the early morning you are likely to hear many kinds of animals communicating with one another, such as: bears, monkeys, barking deer, gibbons, wild pigs, and jungle fowl from the higher mountain tops. You might be very fortunate if you spot some moving through the forest. Before breakfast, early risers are free to take a walk around the camp. (Please, be always mindful about the dos and don’t in these fragile cultures), ask your guide if you are not too sure what is correct). After breakfast, prepared by our guide, you’ll cross the Nam Ha River and walk through fields, next you’ll get to visit Ban Nalan, where your will learn about Khmu lifestyle, culture, and traditions. Then there is a hike uphill through forest. Traditional lunch will be prepared en route on the forest path. Thereafter, you will have an easy two-hour hike down the mountain slope until you arrive at the Ban Chalernsouk, where your driver will be waiting for you and shuttle you back to Luang Namtha.
- An English speaking tour leader and a native guide, who knows the rain forest, indigenous traditions, and culture like the back of his hand.
- Native guide from Khmu village: two local guides from different villages.
- Transportation to and fro your hotel.
- Overnight in rain forest camp.
- Sleeping bags, foam mats, and mosquito nets are supplied.
- Meals-lunch x 2, dinner x 1, breakfast x1.
- Drinking water during the trip.
- Trekking permit, Village fund and Laos National Tourism fund.
- Provincial tax on net income.