Ban Nam Deat Mai Homestay “Akha Village”
Akha Homestay is an experiential tour which will take you on a night learning experience into the tradition, culture and daily life of the Akha in Muang Sing. You will have personal interactions with the villagers and have the opportunity to experience firsthand from the Akha themselves the Akha culture and way of life.
- Tour ID: MS-HS-02
- Start-Finish: Muang Sing, Laos or Luang Namtha
- Duration: 1 night & half day
- Departure: 3:30 pm
- Difficulty: Easy, suitable for families
Day 1: Muang Sing-Ban Nam Deat Mai “Akha”
Start about 3:30 pm the day you paid for by Tuk Tuk or bicycle to the village of Ban Nam Deat Mai (distance about 4 Km). We stay overnight at the lodge provided by the village. While waiting for the dinner, you might walk around the village, meet the people and learn about the traditional Akha architecture. When you dinner you will receive Akha show such as: sing a song, dance and other show their tradition and culture. After dinner you will receive a massage which is traditionally given to the guests staying overnight in the village.
Day 2: Ban Nam Deat Mai “Akha”-Tourism Activities-Muang Sing
After breakfast, you might join activities of the family. January-May: work in the vegetable garden, sow corn etc. June-August: go to the paddy-fields to plant rice, etc. September-October: work in the vegetable garden. November-December: go to the paddy-field for harvesting rice etc.
The tour will finish next day after the lunch with the family in the field.
- Mountain bike or Tuk Tuk (only start at Muang Sing)
- English speaking tour guide.
- All visits/excursions as mentioned in tour itinerary.
- One night accommodation in village hut with toilet shower outside.
- Sleeping bags, foam mats and mosquito nets are supplied.
- Meals- Dinner x 1, Breakfast x1, Lunch x 1
- Water during the trip
- Entrance fees & government tax